Monday, October 16

ringy-dingy

I found this man's (Barry) cell phone on the ground yesterday. The thing was crap and the battery dying, but luckily there was enough juice left for me to call the last number he dialed and figure out a way to find him.

He turns out to be this guy who was running in theToronto marathon with a really low low voice. He kept calling me sweet heart and love and angel and stuff. It was weird when I was first talking to him on the phone cuz at first I thought he was just going to be some student, not a 45 year old correctional officer from Brampton.

When we met up later that day for the exchange (he had to drive all the way back into down town from Brampton) he brought me chocolates and melba-toast crackers (he didnt know if I liked salty or sweet, but melba-toast? now I gotta go buy cream cheese and stuff to eat them... but the chocolate truffles are good... mmmmmmmmmmm chocolate - I HAVE WAY TO MUCH CHOCOLATE AT HOME). He told me if ever I find myself in jail I should give him a call... maybe I should save his number...

Cell phones are so much trouble, but we can't live without them. I can't go anywhere without it... its not that I'm always on the phone, but its a secrurity blanket or something, at the very least I'm able to tell the time.

Mine broke the other day, now mom had to mail me an extra one, cuz who in their right mind can afford to just go buy a new one with out getting a new contract? I wasn't about to pay the $200 cancelation fee to get a new plan with a free phone, but the sad part is that, if mom didn't have an extra one, I might of had to. All I can say is, at least Barry doesn't have to worry about all that.

That's right Barry, I saved the day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting post. I would love to follow you on twitter.

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing