Thursday, October 5

I don't have plans for my life... why should I?

I think its safe to say that every long term plan I have ever made for myself has either come undone or altered by the time I would have expected to be experiencing it.

I said that I wanted to be a doctor, that was short lived. I said I'd never leave Vancouver, I've reconsidered. I said I'd go home and start working when school was done, I find myself back in school. I said that I want to be a professional engineer, but more and more every day I realize I dunno if that's really what I want to do forever. I said I'd never become a teacher, but its been in my mind for a long time now. I said I'd find and marry someone in Vancouver, that's now as far from what's happening as possible. But I'm so happy and I wouldn't change any of it.

Not that my plans were bad, but why do I need to plan every step of my life in such detail. It always takes something to realize what something else is. Right now I think the only thing that's safe to say is that I know what makes me happy, and I know who makes me happy, and I know that knowing those I'll continue to be happy for a very long time. Knowing that is more than 1/2 the battle, but we really only know about 1/2 of the time. So I'm still about 3/4 off.

Did I mention that I KNOW I want a pet goat?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmm goats....