Thursday, January 25

girls are stupid

Its been said before, and i haven't ever totally agreed, but i definitely don't disagree totally either, but, GIRLS ARE STUPID!

why? well that all depends on who you ask. If you ask my buddy gus, you'll get a whole whack of stuff that, as a girl, you don't want to hear because you'll get paranoid and never trust another man in your life. (Gus i love you, you're a great friend, one of the best, BUT, you can't date any of my friends).

Pants! Pants make girls stupid! But oh, not just any pants, lululemon pants. I mean, what other pants would make hundreds (i'm not kidding - HUNDREDS) of supposedly smart women line up around 3 city blocks at 6:30am in -20 degree weather!


don't we all want our asses to look ridiculously amazing? I think so. For that reason i too am a stupid girl. So lululemon was having another warehouse sale in toronto, and it had been 2 years in the waiting. Madness. Luon-butt-shapening-yoga-pant-hungry bitches everywhere! Here was the plan:

1. go to the sample sale on the morning of the first day, cuz ppl will be working and it'll be the best time to get the line at its shortest point, cuz it will just get long through the day... i was soooo wrong in soooooooo many ways with that idea.

The line went around 2 corners in the morning when i got there.... later in the afternoon it was less than 1/2 of what it was in the morning. So basically i wasted the morning (and yes, i'm saying morning/afternoon - I WAS THERE THAT LONG!)

2. doors opened at 10. So i'd be in line by 9:30. My buddy ryan was gunna meet me at 11:30, so 2 hours would be plenty of time to get near the door and me and him can just go in shortly after. Again, soooooooooooooooooooo wrong.

2 hours. HA! try 5! That's right. 5 hours in -20 weather. no food. no heat. nuthin. just standing on the street side with my feet so cold i thought they were going to shatter with ever step. I wanted to give up soooooooooo many times, but then the dumb voice in my head was like "well you've made it this far, just wait, just a bit longer and you'll be in...." riiiiiiiiight.

3. buy a couple tops. Well if i was wrong with the first two, why not make it 3!

well now i just had to justify my day. A skirt, 2 dresses, crop pants, long pants and short shorts later i was finally out and on my way to live a real life. Soooooooooooo stupid. waste how many hours to save a buck or two? but you end up spending more than you wanted? You know what's the dumbest part? I know its dumb? but what do i do about it? nuthin.

Oh the joys of being a girl

1 comment:

Claudizzle said...

I'm a stupid girl in many ways, but definitely not this one!
I have never stepped foot in a Luludemon store... and I don't really plan to.
Sure, i agree with everyone that the pants make your ass look great (if you're not extremely overweight that is...which in that case not much will help you out), but their clothing is extremely expensive..and I would feel self-conscious wearing it anyway!
anyhow, i hope you enjoy your new duds! drop me a line sometime :)