Wednesday, November 8

splish-splash i was taking a bath

So, anyone who's been over to my place may have noticed a few things.

1) Its definitely roomy for one
2) Its definitely got a nice view
3) Building Science is running ramped!

What do i mean? Well, basically because of a little flood that Adam and Jess had last year the glue attaching the wood tiles to the ground re-em
ulsified, and basically died. Not too much of a big deal when i moved in, but now that its winter the amount of moisture in the air has gone down and the wood is shrinking, a bit, but just enough to cause the tiles to stick to my feet and pop out whenever i walked over them bare foot. Sooooooooooooooo annoying. It got to the point were i was about to go nuts with a bottle of glue and try to stick them all down.

The other thing was my bathroom... a bit on the ghetto side. I guess somehow the sealant holding the tiles on the wall failed and moisture was getting behind the wall cuz it was starting to bulge out (i mean my shower wall literally had curvature to it!), so much in some places that the tiles had just popped off!

So what did i do? Wrote a letter to the super of course. I was totally expecting nothing to happen with either of my comments - but within 3 days ppl were in my bath room ripping stuff apart and a new coating of something had been put over the wood floor. Yesterday i came home all gross from volleyball and there was a huge hole in my shower! The faucet was gone! I couldn't of turned the water on if i wanted to... i know what your thinking, i worry not, i got clean! bum style, wash cloth and the bathroom sink, classy i know. But today i came home to a whole new shower (that i can't use until 4pm tomorrow, but worry not, i showered at the gym today so i'm good to go)! New tiles and faucet and everything. Is nice. I like.

So what got this all done so quickly? One little word, and it wasn't please... MOULD! I've unlocked the secret, i can get anything i want now... Maybe a swimming pool on the balcony?



No comments: