Thursday, November 23

lazy ass

ok, i enjoy tutoring, i really do. I like knowing that i can help the kids learn and figure out stuff that they didn't understand before. There's nothing better than when you see the look on their face when the concept just clicks. Its great... that and the money's good too.

BUT, this one boy has got me vexed, REAL vexed. I've been doing my best to help him understand but he doesn't put in any effort to understand it. He's a smart boy i know that, but soooooooooo unbelievably lazy!

check this email out that i got from him, no lie, these are his words... (well the purple parts in the brackets are my thoughts as i was reading through)... and i changed his name to BOB, don't wanna disclose any personal information...

Hi, This is BOB. I not seeming to get the questions. (ok i'll see what i can do to help you out...) It's only the first three questions that are due for tomorrow (no problem i'll give it a look-see). Please look at it if you have a chance (ok). Ok. Possibly maybe even do them (hu?), then send it (ok...?). You don't have to give explanations (whoa, whoa, whoa, what's going on here!?!), I'll just look at it and try to figure it out (by figure it you do you mean you want me to do your problemset so you can copy it?). I know it's kind of late so I'm just wondering if you could help me with it (your fuckin' retarded boy, i could get you in big trouble with school for this).

Wow! is this kid for real? I told him to get ready to fail the course. Does that make me a bad tutor?

2 comments:

Vince said...

I would've been like, sure! Here are the answers. And just give the "answers", but they are completely wrong and with no intermediate steps. And say that he/she didn't ask for explanations and that he/she can just look at it and try and figure it out.

La Stasja Creative Works said...

y other buddy said to do it and charge $100 per answer, but your idea woulda been golden! why didn't i think of that!